Monday, October 10, 2011

Frustrating shopping day!

I just pulled out the down comforter for winter and realized my green paisley patterned duvet looks disgusting with my new patterned DIY Roman shades... So I went out to find a plain duvet cover, thinking I could do this for under $40. Ha! These stupid things are not cheap! How on earth is what basically amounts to two sheets to slipcover a blanket worth $100 or more? I went to Ross, TJ Maxx, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Kohls in search of a cover for under $50. I considered making one out of two sheets, but you have to buy two sheet sets, and finding two that match for under $50 even at a discount store is not easy. I know I'm cheap, but really? It's a flat piece of fabric. I don't get it.

It was a frustrating day all together. Maybe because our finances are still depleted since Burning Man, but I don't understand how people just come out of these stores with bags and bags of new stuff, and get into their new cars. How do they do it? How are me and my husband, who both work full-time and don't have kids trying to figure out how to sew two cheap sheets together to make a stupid blanket cover?

Gah. Deep breath. Remember words of wisdom.... be thankful for what you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment